About Cashmere Technical FC
We have been working hard to identify how we can continue to make Cashmere Technical the best Club in town and we need your support. We are looking for members to step up and help us in a variety of ways and the attached Information for Members (Click here) outlines some of the ways in which you can get involved.
Being “the best” is what we aspire to.
That is how we were described in The Herald newspaper at the end of the 2014 season - “the best football club in New Zealand”. Have we achieved our goal? No! We can be better, much better!
Being “the best” is about more than our MPL or WPL teams winning national titles (though each of us is proud of all their achievements!).
For us, being the best means:
• giving our young players the best opportunities and resources in Christchurch to be the best they can be
• to provide a strong sense of belonging amongst all our players and families
• to provide first class facilities for training and play
• to provide national exposure to our age-group teams
• to provide a safe and fun and nurturing environment for our young players
• to provide our youth with role models
• to provide a mature, inclusive social environment for all our seniors
• to promote quality football and excellent conduct amongst our players, our fans, and our wider community
• to provide a game to whoever wants to play
We are a team of dedicated volunteers, and over 1200 players! The largest football club in South Island.
Our Board is a vocal advocate for our players and the local football community. As a Club we interact in a meaningful way with regional and national football bodies, providing feedback, ideas, and critique on a very regular basis.
We are based at Garrick Park at the Woolston Club, and our player catchment extends from Cashmere to Hillsborough. All senior subscriptions include membership of the Woolston Club. We are committed to the future of football in East Christchurch, and have coordinated the investment of millions of dollars into playing surfaces and sports facilities in this area since the Canterbury earthquakes – the fruits of which our whole community can enjoy for many years to come.
We are fortunate to have an enviable skill base to call on, but we are always looking for more help – more energy, more time, new skills, new players.
Why not come join us? Experience the passion!